Thanks to Marti Caldwell and our sponsor Two Horse Tack, the Two Horse Tango is ready to roll in just a couple short weeks! June 10th and June 11th are the dates to save and we hope to see you at the Versailles State Park in Versailles, Indiana right off state hwy 50. The hub of the activity will be the horse camp, and day riders may come into the day parking area and ride over. We plan to hold the ride on the one side of the park day 1, and utilize the other side day 2. Plan for mud, flies, sun, wind, rain, and tornado (kidding but it is Indiana, right?). We will have practice stations set up in camp, and maybe....some find me if you can real stations spread out over the park.
You need not be a member to join as a day rider in the competition. Entry fees are very low (about $15-20), and prize goes out to first through last place. We have a lot of really nice sponsored gear (bridles, reins ) and a table full of little "we did it" prizes. It isn't so much about prizes though. It is about horsemanship, and THINKING through the compass readings to where the station is hidden. Riding at a pace that makes you happy, sharing the trail with some friends, and working together for a common goal. We hope to see you there, let's TANGO!!!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association