Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 5, 2016
Pulled the horses off grass. Journey was showing signs of significant soreness. 24 hours off the field and she has improved enough that she can trot on hard surface "booted". So I'll be keeping her off grass and waiting for temps to go back up. Had been in the 70's and we've dropped back to the 40-50 degree range this week. My thoughts are that the sugar content in the grass was too high. Phebes was showing soreness as well. If all continues to be well I'll throw some boots on her and see how things are this weekend and decide what we are or are not doing about INDY.