Journey is going to try out a new pad:
Crest Ridge Saddle Pad product information : "Crest Ridge Saddlery makes their own line of premium wool felt saddle pads. Each is made from F11 grade industrial pressed wool -
a 100% natural product that will wick moisture and heat away from your
horse keeping you horse more comfortable while reducing saddle movement.
These custom made pads feature a cut-out
to provide additional clearance over the spine and are only available
from Crest Ridge Saddlery. The Crest Ridge
Saddle Pad is durable, designed to last for 2,000 hours of hard riding.
If you are riding 5-hours a week, this pad will last over 7 years. "
June 26th, 2016: I still continue to use this Crest Ridge Saddlery pad, and continue to be quite impressed with the nice sweat pattern, but especially how well it vents the heat away from her back. These are just very great quality saddle pads.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association