Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 17, 2016
We have some work to do...
It has finally warmed up to the 70's here in Indiana. We've just started to add "trot" to the scenario. Only went about 5 miles yesterday in the hills. She was pulsing in the mid-70's when we pulled up at the horse trailer. Took about fifteen minutes and a hosing to chill back out. So we are seriously behind----in our progress to a first ride this season. We are off to a park trail later this morning, but it will be slow as we are riding long (and horribly muddy). Reckon I'm gonna need my sponge!