Nope, not kidding...we've had wind chills -35 once this week. Brutally cold outside. Currently we are having a little heat wave, it's 17 degrees out there this afternoon. Everything shuts down this time of the year with focus on keeping plumbing from freezing, cars starting, water thawing for the horses, and making sure Bella Boopster doesn't get frostbite while her ADD keeps her looking for "just the right spot." OH A BIRD!
The super chilled air is not conducive to riding. I'm not a believer in having my horses breath in the super chilled air with exertion, or sweating only to freeze dry later. So I'm whiling away my time wishing for Spring. Only about three months or more to go.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association