Since we had temps in the twenties today I thought it would be a good afternoon to clear my trails on our property of downed limbs. They were a mess. Spent several hours out in the woods picking up, trimming, and dragging. But we are back in business until the next big wind storm. I'll have to ride out to the neighbor's next on Journey and start clearing those.
Phebes had a flare up of uveitis in her right eye. I'm treating that with a steroid eye salve. She has had two flair ups in a month after a very long period of being fine. Her mother went blind at age twenty from it. She looks much better after two days of treatment, but I plan to keep it up a few more days. Think I stopped too quickly last time and it just flared back up again. Winter will be back tomorrow after our heat wave today. Ice storms are
moving in and hoping it doesn't inhibit my getting to work.
Ordered my GREEN TEAM t-shirts yesterday. So that is good to go. I have the Green Team score sheet on my tool bar and also the link for reporting my teams ride points. The Green Bean Teams thing is ready to roll on down the trail!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association