I am walking and sitting well at this point, yay! Suggestions included:
Going Commando (leaving your under pants at home). If I would blow a seam....the trauma! My under wear was the guilty culprit.
Monkey Butt powder, Body Glide, etc. These I find an easy possibilities and will put into use next ride.
My ride coach called today to discuss toughening up the Spotted Wonder. The topic of a long / steep hill came up AGAIN. I know I need it just can not get access to the most convenient. But I shall not whine. Well...I will try not to, how would that be?
We are still on track. Our weekly steady eddie ride is 8-9 miles, and LSD at 15 miles with a goal of 20, so almost there. We are very weak on hills...enough to blow us out of the water. I am open to suggestion how to use a short hill to best advantage to get heart rate up and keep it up.
To work I go.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association