Life sometimes throws us some twists and some turns. I reached for something that glittered and seemed golden, and important to my identity, the defining something that says "this is who I am." Only to discover, that it is who I am not. Endurance Granny has run its course. I may stop by now and then. But since the chase for the elusive 50 mile ride has come to an end, I'm moving on to other things. That is not to say that someday the right horse, or the right set of circumstances, the geographical move may make things fall into place, to try again. Phebes definitely is not endurance material, and I don't see Journey's heart in long distance mentally. So we are seeking a different job and seeking fun and enjoyment instead of frustration.
If you are new to this blog, I'll leave it here as long as blogspot supplies us a place. It chronicles about five or six years of my life. You will find a lot of good source links on this site, and can search by keyword for a lot of good information. If you have the drive for riding distance, DO IT. Embrace it, love it, God bless!
As for me? You will find us here:
North East South West Indiana CMO
My friends here, if I can ever be helpful, serve as a crew member on a 100 mile, or 50 mile ride...or ride catch, because you have a hitch in your giddy-up contact me at email@example.com
Off to my CMO adventures.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association