My decision is what it is. I'm okay with it for now. Sometime or other I may pick it up as "a" thing I do, not "the" thing I do. And if I do, it will be somewhere else. Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky...but as long as we are here, I'm kaput! Internally I still aspire, and hope that if you have the desire, you just get on down the trail! I'll always be following my peeps, so you need to let me know what you all are doing. Likewise if I can help, find an article for you, point you in a direction, I'm very happy to do that. I'm looking into some things for the girls which will depend on if we go into total economic melt-down. I keep talking about it, because in my 54 years I've never seen times as tough as they are now. Kind of puts me in lock down mode, or at the very least this or that mode (do we spend on fun, or batten down the hatches). Instead of the trip to Ohio another truck load of hay went into the barn. That seemed more logical since we have fed about a fourth of our supply to get us through the drought.
Journey seems to be getting over the back issue. Still kind of bumpy under the fur, but not painful. She and Phebes were out racing me while I was mowing the outside of the fence line earlier. Journey usually doesn't do much other than "mosey" along, or stand and cock a leg with droopy eyelids, so if she has the energy to chase Phebes around she's feeling better.
I wrote someone about Competitive Mounted Orienteering. We have a few of those each year in Indiana. That should be fun....me in the woods with a compass and a map (ha!). They will have to send in reinforcements and a search party. Hoping to hear from them and see what the people are like.
Four wonderful days off to play with the horses. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association