July 14, 2012

Yahoo was hacked, and so was I

My email is web-based through Yahoo.   Yahoo was hacked and access to one of its network
servers stealing over 450,000 email accounts AND their passwords.  If you have a yahoo account you can check the status of your account here.   So should you recieve an email from me...especially something suspicious like that I am in a foreign country and need money, or I have fallen ill and need money, or my cat broke a leg and I need money, or groceries are inflated and I need money...you get the drift, it will be a scam.        I have upgraded and changed my password to the account, but that will not stop thieves from trying to use it sometime in the future.  Thankfully, that password did not match any of my others for various sites including this one.    ~ E.G.








No comments:

Post a Comment