Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 20, 2012
Julie Goodnight: Conquering the Canter
I wish I could hog-tie this trainer and bring her home with me for a week (or two). She explained precisely my error in trying to ride the canter on both Phebes and Journey. The choking up on the rein at that critical moment of transition when the head drops. It is an excellent article on conquering the canter. Her blog is extremely informative, well-written for the novice, just really good stuff ☺