Overnight we got measurable rain! I'm praying for the grass to be re-energized from its brown crispiness to something edible. My poor horses...they want the non-existent grass so badly. Hoping our dry trend has been broken, but we still have the rest of July, and August to get through and they of course are the driest months even in a good year.
Because of the drought, prices on grain has already risen. Hang onto your hats, this winter's feed prices will likely be really tough to swallow.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association