Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 3, 2012
Severe Tornado Damage Henryville, IN
That area was not hit by one, but two tornadoes back to back. One looked to be at least an F4 I don't know about the one that followed. Deaths, the town itself including the school just blown to bits. The storm traversed Borden, Pekin, Henryville which is a large section of the Clark State Forest. Hall of Fame rider Bill Wilson's Indiana home is there in Pekin, and is the staging ground for all most all of the Indiana rides. This is a horrible tragedy for the people of the area with deaths, and total losses of homes and personal property. I'm sure that the focus will be on restoring peoples lives, which is the right thing to do. I would not be surprised if the trails are not devastated as well with all the high winds, and whatever swath the storm may have cut through the forest. Sending good wishes to our AERC president Connie Caudill (who's home is there). Praying that all are safe. So sad that so many lives will have to pick up and start over, and sadder still for lives lost there and here locally. Tornado season has just begun.