Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
November 9, 2011
I Bend for Peppermints
Michaella has warned me that pocket ponies are by and large disrespectful. Journey has been a pocket pony her entire life long. She loves treats. She expects treats. Carrots and peppermint candy being her first choice, and then apples. I was told if I "must" give her treats, to pick only certain times that she can having them. I love feeding treats I give her a carrot when I halter her as a reward for being present and accounted for, and she gets a peppermint when I let her out of her stall. I believe she was also used to getting treats for bending as she goes through all sorts of gyrations thinking I'm going to give her something. She does "self bending" and reaches between her legs with her nose "carrot stretches" and looks at me like hey! I did it...where's my treat? Sorry my little spotted wonder but the training guru says NO. ~ E.G.