The horses that will participate in the Tevis ride are primarily made up of Arabian and Half-arabians. But it is interesting to note that other breeds will be represented on the ride and will be fun to watch their progress. Listed to start are:
Morgan horse (1)
American Bashkir Curly (1)
Tennessee Walker (1)
Rocky Mountain (1)
Missouri Fox Trotter (1)
N F Horse (what the heck?) (1)
Mustang/Quarter horse cross (1)
Saddlebred (1) (this horse ridden by Shannon Constanti)
Akhal Teke (1)
Arabian or half-arab (all the rest)
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- What is CMO?
- HOW TO CMO
- NACMO RIDE SCHEDULE
- Award Structure of NACMO
- (TEVIS) Western States Trail Foundation
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Ohio Arabian & All-Breed Trail Riding Society
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Boots 4 Mel (to purchase Renegade boots)
- Endurance Racing and Riding - a discussion by F.W. Duck
- If you love your horse, should you ride endurance?
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Where to buy custom tights for less than the price of most manufacturers. Professionally made, by The Tights Lady.
- EASYBOOT GLOVES for the barefoot horse!
- Easycare's link to search for Natural Hoofcare Professionals
- Can your horse do endurance barefoot?
- Glossary of Distance Riding Terms
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Susan Evan's Garlinghouse , DVM
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association