1 174 Summers, Dennis
2 32 Reynolds, Jeremy
3 156 Shackelford, Rachel
4 13 Hatfield, Shellie
5 132 Nice, Jennifer
6 159 Smith, Jenni
7 171 Spoor, Robert
8 8 Ford, Garrett looks like TEAM EASYBOOT is in the running ...
9 33 Bacco, Leigh
10 92 Hastie, Clydea
11 9 Ford, Lisa
12 126 Moe, Catfish
Journey had her lesson today. She did great for Michaella but as soon as we put it into the real world it was like someone blew sand between her ears. Michaella was riding her bitless, but not using the S-hack. Actually Journey did alright for me until it was us and another horse and rider, and suddenly I did not exist. The schooling is good, we need the support of a good trainer, but this horse also needs some miles to instill a better respect of who the leader is. Wet saddle blankets tend to help out some with that.
And while those who are doing endurance get to travel the 100 mile Western States trail. I am going to read my book, and maybe take a nap.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association