Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 27, 2011
The verdict is in: she was being a turd.
We rode again yesterday (yay! mo-jo is back) and did some cantering. We were with another horse, same tack as the day before. She was fine. Longer warm-up (thanks Mel) and of course no buddy sourness because she had two other horses to feel buddied up to (not so good). I split off from them a couple of times and whew! does she get mad. Spittin' mad. Getting her full attention in this area is going to be a huge priority, because there will be a lot of horses passing us by at a ride. Weather here is still very sultry, and I will not have any free time until Saturday. ~E.G.