Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 15, 2011
Surgery on the Skito
I'm trying to get Journey's tack together. Since we are going back to a western styled saddle I really prefer a Skito pad. I have an old one which is still pretty nice, but then I had the new one cut to fit an English dressage style saddle. The new one has the ultra nice wool back on it. A new one these days is $220 or more. So I took a deep breath, got out my old western pad, and modified the shape of the very expensive Skito with a pair of scissors. I used a seam ripper to pull loose the binding, but off most of the flap, and voila' , almost an endurance pad.