I called Easycare today and had a very helpful person on the line (think her name was Sherry? Thanks Sherry!!!!) and was able to get my order in for the 0.5 W's, but I was too late for the first shipment as my size is already in the negatives....lots of people wanting these wide boots. So I'm set for shipment the end of August. Which will only give me 60 days to attempt training for Journey's first LD, but I'm gonna have to roll with it. We'll make it, or we won't. If I'd have got my order done when I originally called the first part of the week, I'd might have hit the first shipment. *sigh* But I still love the Gloves, they are just so easy to use. So Gloves it will be.
As to the Renegades, her measurements (per their sizing charts) did not fall into the boots fitting no way, shape, or form. She has very small ROUND little hooves. I expect by the spring she will drop down to a size 0 as we work out all the flare.
So dirt single track will be what we train on between now and August, and I'll have to watch the miles and her front hooves for sensitivity. I ordered some Goober hoof pack earlier in the week too. Want to learn how to make a custom pad for her fronts, and use a little of it for the tacky adhesion to "hold" the boots (maybe).
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association