The Blog Race will begin on December 1, 2011 for the first year there will be a code of honor to be honest!
Competition begins on December 1, 2011 ends November 30, 2012.
You must have a blog and a ride a horse.
You must be a follower of Endurance Granny.
Anytime your butt is in the saddle log those miles. You can either GPS them, or ride a trail that is a known mapped distance and log those miles. We don't care about speed. This is a distance race. You may include CTR, LD, Endurance competition miles, training miles (GPS'd or mapped mileage) , arena miles (GPS'd), or premeasured by car odometer road miles.
BE HONEST IS THE GOLDEN RULE!
If you are a professional / expert distance rider....SORRY, this is for the newbies :)
You will need to email me at email@example.com to play with:
The name of your blog.
Your first name.
When you ride keep track of your miles and log into the website for the contest, you will have a post with your name and your horse's name. Put down the date, today's distance, and total miles each ride. If you only ride two miles a day...log it, in a week that adds up to 14!
The winner will receive: Their team name on a trophy at Endurance Granny and the contest blog, as well as a digitized trophy for their own blog. Also an undisclosed wonderful (or not!) useful (or not!) prize.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association