Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 2, 2011
The tye-up is finally starting to resolve
Three days of banamine, massage, and worry. One of the worst weekends (though that sounds melodramatic, it is true) of my life. Most of my happiness is drawn from my horse, doing our thing, and her well-being. I don't know what I'm going to do about Phebes, but I am sure she is done. No more distance work. I do need to see if she can be healthy and sound for some less stressful type of discipline (trail riding, arena work), though with her history...I just don't know. I love this horse, with all my heart I do. It is like we got almost to the destination and dropped off the earth. But Phebes needs a new job that allow her to be healthy and happy, and where we go from here....?