USTA to present Standardbred Endurance Award
"Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - by Jessica Schroeder, U.S. Trotting Association Outreach
Columbus, OH --- The USTA’s Standardbred Equine Program has teamed up with the American Endurance Ride Conference to present the “Standardbred Endurance Award” for 2011. The award will be given to the Standardbred that has the most miles ridden during the season (Dec. 1, 2010–Nov. 30, 2011).
All rides will be considered, including the limited distance 25-35 mile rides, and standard endurance rides (50-plus miles)."
For the full report: http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/?z=1&a=42226
about the SEP at the USTA, visit standardbreds.ustrotting.com, or send e-mail inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if AERC would enter into agreements with all the major breed registries? It would level the playing field of endurance that you could compete against your breed of choice. The only other breed associations I know of currently that offer any kind of award to their distance horses are the Appaloosa and Saddlebred Associations. It especially excites me that they are giving Limited Distance the okay too. Go STANDIES!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association