Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 25, 2010
Electrolytes and loose droppings
Over the weekend I tried a different brand of electrolyte on Phebes. She only had a half dose, but her droppings started looking like cow patties. Too much e-lyte? After her 40 minute break and a bunch of groceries and a different brand of e-lyte at half dose the droppings started forming back up. Is this normal with electrolytes? On the other hand she drank better after taking this brand, than the brand I've been using (because the dose was stronger?).