Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 15, 2010
So the plan is....heading to Clark
Nicole and I have slotted the next two Saturdays for training at Clark. We are thinking about 12 miles this Saturday, and I'd like to shoot for 15 the next. It will give the girls some training on the beastie hills, increase their distance a little, and just get them a little bit used to Clark State Forest in general. The weekend of April 3rd, I hope to get to Versailles and ride all day. After that just trotting and trotting where I can work it in. Build up her trotting stamina a little if I can find some terra firma to do it on. That will take us the whole four weeks until our first ride this season... ~E.G.