I'm still fighting whatever it is that is ailing me. Feeling laid pretty low...the last day I had to ride before the rain and my long hour days set in, so I rode anyway. We are really going to have work hard at rating again, she is a horse that is quite full of herself, and I want my "pitty pat" jog back. She had a good workout though, we did some fartleks and the canter was semi under control, got better as we repeated. We also worked some hill intervals to get her rate up pretty high and then walked until it came back down, then repeated. She was all sweated up by the time we got back. Wish the horse fairy would bring me some heavy duty clippers so I could take off some fur. She isn't shedding yet.
Will get my trailer back in a day or so. Floors checked out good, all greased up, and the bearings packed, but one of the tires was real bad ready to blow he said, the tread detaching, so my hubby put a new tire on for me.~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association