Would love to know what you pack to eat for the weekend. Especially stuff that is easy to store in a cooler, has little to no prep time, and tastes good. Breakfast especially is a struggle for me. I HAVE TO have COFFEE. At least one big mug, maybe two. I'm not a good morning person at all. In fact none of you would like me in the morning as I'm one of those people who shuffles off and wants to be alone until the caffiene kicks in. I need a breakfast that can hang with me. tastes especially yummy.
At the half way I so far have been ravenous but also a little queasy at the same time. So I'm open to ideas on that too. The one thing that tasted best to me that I remember was a cold bottle of V-8 juice (on a hot day). Maybe warm tomato soup on a cold day?
Off to check out coolers and hot thermos online. ~ E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association