Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
October 3, 2009
We had our lesson this morning :)
Lessons are hard, and I'm using muscles I didn't know I had, and still having to CONCENTRATE to even get some of my parts where they should be even part of the time! But...even so, it is a lot of fun. Sandy had me continuing to work on bend. My Phebes sure doesn't like the leg I'm using. She had me riding circles around her at one point, pushing her out with my inside leg, and tipping her nose in with my inside rein. The muscles in my leg were making themselves known at the end, especially the outer thigh muscle. Not complaining, just amazed at all the biomechanics that actually go into riding a horse!