Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 29, 2009
We are still working on the bend
Phebes is getting softer and I'm getting a better bend on her neck when moving in a circle, but not quite "there" yet. She doesn't seem any worse for wear from our muddy ride on Sunday. She got her hooves trimmed (rasped actually) tonight, and we got her done in the record time of 25 minutes with very little issue. Sometimes she is a brat with her right rear. I timed her trim after schooling so standing still would seem like a good thing. She gets the next two days off. Not sure if I'll get my lesson in or not this Saturday, just depends on the weather. Everyone ride safe ~E.G.