Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 15, 2009
Schooling went beautifully tonight
I'm going to be looking through Nicole's book for ideas, but Doug has laid me out such a nice course that schooling really isn't boring at all. Working Phebes a lot on bending, and trotting over logs. One direction she does them very well, but the other direction not so good, she's clunking with her back hoof. She was riding with her head lower than I've ever seen it tonight, and her ears were flicking back and forth (except mare ears now and then when I'd cue her up to the trot). Her little sweet trot was back as well. Seems like she was having a bad day last time, as I couldn't have asked more of her than I got this evening. ~E.G.