Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 18, 2009
Taking it easy with schooling tonight
We worked for about an hour. Mostly on leg yielding. She did a beautiful little in place circle with leg pressure. I think my Phebers is a dressage horse at heart. You can just see the gears turning and she really tries to get the result. If there is a job she likes, schooling is it. It is hot and humid, so muggy the air feels thick. So we played for awhile and then said heck with it. I figure every time I saddle her can't be throttling down the trail. Besides, we had F-U-N! ~E.G.