Did any of you catch the show on AERC yesterday morning? It was pretty good. The program I believe was filmed at a ride in Texas. I was curious as to what that saddle was that the gentleman featured had on his horse. It looked western in the seat, but had knee/thigh rolls, and what looked like bucking rolls, with a small pommel in the center (between the rolls). I thought that saddle looked like you could get some balance in a pinch. If any of you caught it, any idea of the make of the saddle? I checked out Specialized and it doesn't appear to be their's or Free Form's.
My own saddle is going for surgical excision of part of the skirting as soon as I get an afternoon to myself. Leg is still raw and ouchie. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association