Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 16, 2009
Rode just for pleasure today.
Still hot and humid. I switched saddles so my leg wasn't affected too bad. The shorter skirt on the Abetta helped a lot. I may take my saddle to Mr. Huffman for surgery and see if we can't reduce that skirt by several inches. I really only need enough to clear all the rigging and under skirt. That would probably cure it. Can't ride the Abetta for long mileage as she has dry spots when I do. I feel much more balanced in the Abetta. Shame I can't make it work. Saddle stuff is a pain in the patootie, besides other places. Phebes was a good girl. ~E.G.