Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 15, 2009
Having a serious human rub issue.
We took off at a trot this morning, and kept on chugging for twelve miles except when footing was really bad. Phebes was pretty good, but power trotting and that causes me a rubbing issue on the skirting of my saddle. Another five miles and I'd have skin break down. Right now I can't stand anything to touch it. The right leg is worse, but the left leg was affect too. The "lift" of the rising trot is big in her power trot, and just above the knee (higher than my chaps go), my legs are just raw. I really wanted to push her on out to twenty miles today, but I just couldn't take any more on the raw skin. Good ride though. Chris was with me...thanks Chris!