Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 12, 2009
Horse Flies: AKA little vampires
The horse flies have come out in force. They kind of make the deer flies look good in comparison. These flies are pretty much immune to the repellent sprays and have fangs that sink into the horse and hold on. The high priced sprays will claim to repel the horse fly but we've pretty much debunked that. The horses have decided that "I" am the great keeper of the horse fly. Cree is a blue roan (almost black) and his coat color is like waving a baseball bat at a pit bull....the flies come in force. I've mashed three at a time, and have counted up to eight on him, fangs sunk deep at the same time. If he sees me outside he comes running to have the flies exterminated. I'm usually a pretty passive person concerning sharing the planet with other creatures. However, I have declared gorilla warfare on the horse fly. ~E.G.