Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 9, 2009
Hot & Humid Ride at Brown County State Park
Phebes was pretty good today. I could tell though that she was struggling after about mile 13. Very hot and humid, and that combination is not her forte'. Not mine either Phebes...I had to ask for a reprieve at one point as I felt like I was trying to breath is pea soup instead of air! The humidity was so bad that you just felt like you couldn't get in a deep breath. She drank, but not as well as I'd have like to see considering the heat. The trailer ride seemed to really stress her more than the ride itself though. She hates trailering alone. I start working full time hours this week, so there will be less opportunity for me to ride her. Not sure if that is good or bad :-/ It just is. ~E.G.