June 7, 2009

6 miles this afternoon, with some slow hill work.

My daughter Holly came by this afternoon. I asked her if she'd like to go riding and she said yes! So I gathered up Phebes and my old Puddin' (who hasn't been on trail for two years). Saddled up the girls and did a quick pre-ride up and down the drive way on Puddin and she seemed fine, so off we went. I swear my old Puddin' girl was downright pleased with herself, moving down the trail with her little ears perked forward. I had given Holly pre-ride instructions concerning the left eye blindness. Holly is a little skinny thing (like Michelle D.) so Puddin' probably thought that was a pretty good deal compared to carrying me around. Phebes was much more confident having her mommy along for the ride, we didn't have any spooks--just a nice pleasure ride. We did a little trotting now and then, and some slow hill work. It was a beautiful day here in Indiana to be riding. ~E.G.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your too kind! Glad you had a good ride. I can't wait until I get to ride with my daughters.

    Michelle Detmer

    ReplyDelete