Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 2, 2009
Today's Travel Photo & another five miles of hill work.
This is our above the world view from the property behind our place. I'm very fortunate that my neighbors allow me to ride through their woods and fields. The creek you see is a 100 or more feet down the cliff edge. This is my favorite place on our ride as you see hills and trees, water, and usually the wind is all you hear pushing through the bareness. Phebes seemed a little muscle sore to me this evening, so we took it easy. I had intended another 10 miles but the ground had refrozen and was very difficult for her with the hoof ruts frozen into the trail. Since the going was slow, she was sore, and I was frozen I decided to call it quits until Friday. Hoping the rain will bypass us and we will have SUNSHINE. Back to work tomorrow. Happy trails all ~E.G.