Oh bloody hell...do it again *SIGH*
I think Phebes broke my nose. It hurts like...you guessed it.
We did exercises up here in the pen, that went well. Took her out for some practical work on the trail. We were walkng, trotting, walking, trotting, in between walking up hills to build her up. I decided to trot her out on a flat section and it was going along pretty nicely when she just hit the brakes, and flung me forward, her head went up as I came forward and I saw stars, then some blood, and I felt a little woozy (where's the Cybil dust when you really need it). So I decided enough is enough for today. We walked the rest of the way home as I was just over it. I just know someone will ask me if my husband hit me tomorrow (I work in mental health services and expect I will look lovely sitting at the check out desk tomorrow, if they even let me stay.
But we got in another five miles. Yee haw (no exclamation points).
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association