I was so excited yesterday about the warmer temperatures and seeing some of the snow melting. My driveway is still about three inches of packed ice now, the wet slick stuff. The news this morning was threatening more snow for our area 2-4 inches possible. If we get it, I'll not be able to trailer out to Brown County on the weekend, because my horse trailer is literally FROZEN TO THE GROUND! The snow had partially melted and then turned to ice, and it is embedded in the stuff.
Since I've had nothing better to do, I've been researching biothane and beta suppliers. I would very much like to be able to make some of my own gear. Some of the stuff looks reasonably simple to make. The biggest hurtle is finding a machine that can sew through beta that isn't so cost prohibitive to make it not worthwhile.
Another day another dollar, got to get ready for work. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association