Hubby bought me a heart rate monitor, not the on board type, but the kind they use at the vet checks. So now I can teach the Phebes to have her pulse check without kicking the volunteer at the pulse gate, or the vet! At least that is the plan. Think I'll clip some fur though so I can get a pulse easier.
I'm just tired out! If I don't have another weather melt down this weekend, I'd like to ride. We'll see... ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association