Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 14, 2009
Happy Valentine's Day XOXOXO
It was the best of rides, it was the worst of rides. The goal today was 17 miles, but due to my having an unplanned dismount (went off at full gallop into the mud), my horse running off, me being on foot, and then we got a little lost as Phebes went off trail onto a park service road ****sigh****. I don't know what she spooked at, but one minute we were going forward full bore, and the next she skidded and did a U-turn. It was ugly, my clothes had an inch of muck and mud slimed on them. I'm starting to hurt, but was able to at least finish riding. All this happened at the 2 1/2 mile point. Once Chris found my blasted horse about a 1/4 mile on down the trail sniffing at a mud puddle, we headed back out. There were carrots strung from here to kingdom come that had gone flying out of my second water bottle holder. So we finished up having done 14 miles. The first loop in an hour and half, and the second in an hour fifteen. My GARMIN crashed again, I guess I'm just gonna have to wear a wrist watch and ride by TIME instead of miles. What a day ~E.G.