I'm pretty banged up. Nothing that won't right itself in a few days, but I hurt from my ankles to the top of my head, and everything in between. Fibromyalgia + Flying Unplanned Dismounts = One stoved up Granny. Days like today I have to wonder if I'm right in the head. Granted, she didn't throw me off on purpose, but the physical angst that results is the same. My little turd horse looks no worse for wear today, but then she merely trotted down the trail spewing carrots from my pack, whilst I was sliding full length down the trail, then slogging through mud to find her (actually jogging at one point to just keep everyone in sight).
Jonna mentioned the "sand to climb back on board", Nah....I didn't want to walk the five miles back *LOL*. Maybe I should move to a trail head, and just be a pleasure rider....but NO, THAT WOULDN'T BE FUN. Maybe I should buy a "dead broke" quarter horse, but it wouldn't have such a CUTE LITTLE HEAD. Maybe I should just get myself a prescription for Invega (to thwart my delusions of grandeur) and Vicodin (to handle the pain) of being an aspiring Endurance Rider? But tomorrow will be another day, the aches will go away, and I'll again be worrying about my weekly mileage, my speed, time, and distance. That is why they call it Endurance, right? ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association