The sun is out, and it is warmer than it has been. I had full intention of riding today. First lost my riding buddy for today as she couldn't get her horse trailer out, and the winds are really gusting. I don't really mind wind so much, but we had so much damage when the hurricane blew through Indiana (yes, really) that there are what I call widow-makers hanging all over the place in the woods and along the trail. I'll ride under that stuff when it is atmosphericly (bet that is spelled wrong at least five kinds of way) calm, but I'd just soon not have a limb or half a tree crash down on my and Phebes. So I'm just hanging in there hoping tomorrow is a possibility, for at least one loop to keep her mind understanding that this is what we do.
So I stripped out the stalls today, and put down fresh shavings for the week. Did some shopping for stuff I'm out of, and I reckon' I'll go read my 2009 AERC rule book. Still trying to figure out if a 5 year old can do multi-day LD's. Since my budget is so limited I thought I might get a few more first year rides on her that way and only have the gasoline outlay once. My work out starts again tomorrow. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association