January 14, 2009

My faithful friends are not fond of the cold

...nor am I *LOL* But Chris and I are trying to work out a ride at my place for the weekend. The question is which day? Very cold on Saturday, but firm footing, or tolerably cold on Sunday, but maybe a little more slippery. OH WINTER, HOW I DETEST IT! Even 10 or 12 miles will be great if we can just keep moving.

My date with the exercise bike has been going well. I'm managing 5-7 miles per session, usually in about 15 minutes. It is very difficult at this point, but I'm just going to keep hammering at it. Surely it will gradually get easier? My goal for the week was 25-30 miles, and I'm at 25 miles today. Long day tomorrow so I won't be able to finish up my miles until Friday, between cleaning the house. Surely I can whip myself into some sort of shape by April. I'll keep repeating that to myself. In the meantime while riding I need to increase the length of my trotting sessions. I remember with Puddin' it took me a long time to get up to fifteen miles of sustained trotting without feeling winded. That was two years ago, and a lot of sitting behind a desk all day since.

It sure is cold here. Even the outside cat thought he'd better come in and is sprawled on my lap thawing out. ~E.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment