Once upon a time I saw on the web a chart that had distance, speed, and then the time done up in sort of a graph format. Does anyone have it? Or know if there is a link where I can find it? I'm using my Garmin to record distance and time, but I want to start plotting goals such as Today I will ride 10 miles and I'll do it at 6 mph, so the max time is ? Seems like a no brainer really, and I know it is a simple mathematical formula. Is it just Distance/Speed= Time? That seems like it should be right.
Phebes has about 250 long slow distance miles on her now. Is it okay to start really trotting out, and cantering some uphills in training? Our average speed is still slow, about 4.8 mph. I'd like to torque it up to average about 6 mph. She's a four year old and I don't want to create any lameness issues, but I'm also ready to get on with it as far as training goes. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association