How to keep Phebes from turning into a popsickle on a two hour haul in the 30's or lower. She'll likely not eat during the process due to nerves. Should I double blanket her? I've never done winter hauling before. Thoughts anybody? Her stall blocks the wind, the one behind her has an opening where air can come through. I put kitty litter on the floor to give the floor better "grip". I have a polar fleece liner, and a midweight horse blanket, and a lightweight cooler. Should I layer them all on her?
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association