So far the forecast is very cold with snow flurries. We need to watch and make sure this isn't accumulating snow that would affect driving conditions with the horse trailers. Please note that the meeting place has changed to the horseman's camp off of state route 31, NOT the one that takes you up the hill toward Bill's place.
Boot & Glove warmers these are a chemical packet that heats up and is supposed to keep hands and feet toasty up to five hours. I purchased some, will try them out this weekend.
Themal underwear, double wool socks, and thermal thinsulate gloves, knit hat under the helmet. A spare set of clothes in your vehicle in case you get wet.
For the horse: a rump rug, dry towels in case horse sweats in the cold, blanket liner, and winter blanket. Extra feed ration. Water in case none available on trail.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association