Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 20, 2008
Clearing the trails for the AERC Nationals
What an exciting day! We met at the home of Connie Caudill and her husband Mike. Mike, Connie, and Bill Wilson led our crew to clear the Bowen Loop. No exaggeration, it looked like a tornado had set down and run amuck up on that trail. Trees down everywhere, debris fields of branches and leaves. Because of my unplanned dismount on Saturday, my back was not up to much bending, so I put on a back brace, and raked debris for eight hours! I was claiming I'd raked a HUNDRED MILES *LOL* What nice people I met....Joyce Rueff from Louisville, KY, and Donna Beall of Shelbyville, KY, who picked up branches in the zillions... Chris Eickleberry drove from Columbus, IN she nipped and dragged, and at one point was standing in the bucket of a tractor attaching chain to a tree. She let me share a ride with her. We met in Seymour Indiana, and she drove the rest of the way to Henryville as she knew where she was going. It is my understanding that the Pekin Saddle club was clearing their loop today, and another crew was working on another section today. There will be at least thirty-five miles of trail to clear, and then they all need marked with ribbons for the ride. It will be a challenge getting all of the trails ready by mid-October. I had a hard working WONDERFUL day! ~Endurance Granny