Best Speed today was about 7 mph. We worked in the newly configured round pen, that is now a much larger oval as we used the paddock fence for two sides. I find I can work her at the trot, do patterns, and she doesn't have enough room to get the idea to break gait. Excellent ride today! She was responsive, no acting up, just work and mare ears a few times. I'll take that ***smile***. It felt really good to shave 15 minutes off our time for 3 miles.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association