September 17, 2008

Distance 2 miles Time 01:14:03 Speed 1.8 mph avg.

Why so slow? The storm really tore up our trail system back here. I was off the horse more than on the horse, and once was an "auto eject" when Phebes caught sight of the first downed limb (visualize here) pintabian spinning counter clock wise at a velocity of....*OMG* !#%@!! elbow skidding across the ground, lower pelvis/hip area impacting a small boulder, hurt like a *!#$%!, wonder if I'll be walking right tomorrw? After that we had a nice ride except for all the getting on and off , and moving downed limbs, dragging on trees and stuff. She did learn to walk through dead falls, and have brushy stuff rubbing on her. So on a positive note, it was a good learning experience for her. Will I ever learn to ride out those horrid spinning roll backs?

Oh! After I was royally dumped she took off galloping down the trail. But by the time I was brave enough to try standing on my right leg she had come trotting back like "HERE I AM MOM!"

****sigh**** Love the horse, would like to pull her ears until she looked like a MULE.~EG

No comments:

Post a Comment